Code of Conduct for Acaia Spaces
This Code of Conduct ("CoC") applies to all Acaia spaces, including but not limited to: hosted events, activities, webinars, online communities such as Discord (see additional rules after the CoC), mailing lists, social media accounts, and email communications. Anyone who violates this CoC may be sanctioned, expelled, barred, warned, or blocked from Acaia spaces at the discretion of the Acaia staff.
All attendees, speakers, sponsors, hosts, volunteers, partners, and Acaia employees are required to agree with the following CoC. Organizers and moderators will enforce this code throughout events and activities. We expect cooperation from all participants to help ensure a safe environment for everybody.
- Offensive verbal or written comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, age, race, religion, class, immigration or citizenship status, employment status, level of education, or legal history.
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment.
- Deliberate misgendering or use of "dead" or rejected names.
- Simulated physical contact (e.g. textual descriptions like “hug” or “backrub”) without consent or after a request to stop.
- Threats of violence.
- Incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm.
- Deliberate intimidation.
- Physically or digitally stalking or following.
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events.
- Inappropriate physical contact.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Threats of and/or deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity, legal history, citizenship, or employment status without their consent, except as necessary to protect vulnerable people from intentional abuse.
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease.
- Publication of non-harassing private communication.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
Sponsors are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. In particular, sponsors should not use sexualized images, activities, or other material. Event staff (including volunteers) should not use sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise create a sexualized environment.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the event organizers or online moderators may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender, expulsion from the event with no refund, muting accounts, and blocking accounts.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the event staff or moderator immediately.
Who to report the issue to:
- At Acaia-hosted events: A staff member at the event.
- On social media: DM Acaia's account on the same social media network the CoC violation is on.
- On Discord: Create a ticket in #discord-support.
- An Acaia-sponsored event: The associated event organizer. If they did not resolve this or you feel like the resolution was unacceptable, email email@example.com.
- Other Acaia spaces: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will respect confidentiality requests for the purpose of protecting victims of abuse. At our discretion, we may publicly name a person about whom we’ve received harassment complaints, or privately warn third parties about them. We will not name harassment victims without their affirmative consent.
Every effort will be made to preserve the confidentiality of everyone involved, though this may not be possible through necessary actions to research or resolve the incident. Participants who report in good faith any incidences of threats, intimidation, violence, or folks who assist in its investigation, will not be subject to any form of retribution, retaliation, or reprisal by Acaia.
We expect participants to follow these rules in all Acaia spaces.
Discord Rules of Engagement
This set of rules appears in the Acaia server #rules channel.
⚖️ Be respectful: This means no mean, rude, or harassing comments. Treat others the way you want to be treated. Acaia's Code of Conduct applies (see above).
⚖️ Follow the Discord Community Guidelines. https://discord.com/guidelines
⚖️ No inappropriate language: keep the use of profanity to a reasonable minimum. Any derogatory language towards any user is prohibited. Our profanity filter is set to high.
⚖️ No pornographic/adult/other NSFW material. The server is to provide a safe place to share art, videos, and other kinds of creative material. It is not a place to share NSFW material.
⚖️ No offensive names and profile pictures: Keep your names and profile pictures appropriate.
⚖️ Server Raiding: Server raiding is against the Discord terms of service. Any attempt to circumvent or bypass them can result in a permanent ban.
⚖️ Do not share personal information. This includes your own or the personal information of others without their consent. This includes phone numbers, addresses, and any other sensitive information.
⚖️ Follow the channel-specific guidelines. Each channel in the server has specific guidelines for the type of content that is allowed. Make sure to follow these guidelines and respect the purpose of each channel.
⚖️ Do not share or request technical product support among Discord members. We recommend consulting our extensive Acaia Help Center. If you are unable to resolve the issue, please visit our product-support channel and contact our support team for assistance. Find the Help Center here. https://help.acaia.co/hc/en-us
⚖️ For Discord support, please create a ticket on our #discord-support channel. Applicable issues include technical issues with the server or conflicts with other members.
*The @mod team will Mute/Kick/Ban at their discretion. If you feel mistreated, please DM a member of the Acaia Staff or Moderator teams, and we will resolve the issue.
All Channels will have pinned messages explaining their purpose and how everything works. If you don’t understand something, feel free to ask!