We’re back at SCA Expo again this year! Find us at Booth #1927. If you have an amazing memory, it’s the same booth location as last year. A lot is going on, so here are the highlights:
- Preview two new products: Cinco limited edition scale and the Dosing Cup
- In the booth, we’ll have featured brewers, new products, and products for purchase
- The US office is closed for customer service emails and repairs
Product preview: Cinco scale
Celebrating Acaia’s 5th year anniversary, the Acaia Cinco Anniversary Edition is a collector’s item that combines Acaia’s design aesthetic and smart technology in one mini silver enclosure. It may look very similar to the Lunar, but Cinco is unique in its own way. Cinco is named after the Chinese Mandarin words for “starry sky,” though its meaning for five in Spanish is a nice coincidence.
- Ultra-precision: 0.01 g to 300 g
- First 100 units are numbered on the side
- All units are engraved with “Cinco Anniversary Edition” on the side
- Only 1000 units in silver will be made
- Package will include 1 Cinco scale and a metallic carrying case (no calibration weight)
- Limited to 2 units per person
- Price is $250
Preorder the first 1–100 at Expo
Web preorders for 101–1000 begin on April 20 at 10 am USA-Pacific time If your country is not available to be shipped to, send us an email at email@example.com with your desired quantity. Non-US addresses will have a flat-rate shipping fee of $30 USD.
Pre-orders begin at the show and online. Expected shipment is June 2018.
Product preview: Dosing cup
The new Dosing Cup is made of stainless steel with anti-static finish to minimize coffee grounds residue. It allows you a fast and efficient transfer of grounds to the portafilter without the use of a dosing funnel.
- A wider bottom which allows you to shake the cup without grounds spilling out
- Grind -> Shake -> Transfer to Portafilter.
- Compatible with the Baratza Sette & Mahlkönig EK43 with a quick slip in and out feature
- Price is $40
In the booth
Our booth will be staffed by a number of people from our team. We won’t all be there at the same time, so if you’re looking to set up a meeting, make sure you email firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP!
- Tony, customer support lead
- Jon Paul, customer support specialist
- Rex, co-founder
- Vivian, sales coordinator
- Jenn, digital marketing manager
- Chris, international sales manager
- Jordan, strategic technology director
At our brew bar and espresso corner, we’ll have some special features from both coffee and tea companies. Check out the schedule below to see who’ll be brewing when you stop by.
There will be discounted pricing for a few of our products, available only for attendees. This is limited stock, so we recommend purchasing in the first two days. Open boxes will be available at the very end of the show (Sunday at 4 pm). Prices are in USD.
- White Pearl: 120; open box: 84
- Black Pearl: 130; open box: 100
- Lunar: 200; open box: 165
- Orion: 800; open box: 750
- Accessories are all 25% off. Available at the show: Pearl Heat Resistant Pad (both colors), 500 g calibration weight, Atlas brew stand, Lunar Carrying Case, Pearl Carrying Case, Lunar Base, Orion 2kg Hopper
From April 19–22, we will also be offering free shipping for all orders placed online, shipping to US addresses.
Equipment partner thank you
A warm thank you to our equipment partners:
- La Marzocco: GS3
- Mahlkönig: K30 Air, EK43
- Prima Coffee: brewing equipment
- Baratza: Sette 270W
- Oatly: oat milk
Schedule & Sponsorships
- On bar: you’ll find our scales being used at the BGA brew bar at Expo and at the Re:co Symposium brew bar
- On Saturday at 1:30 pm, we’ll be demoing the Orion in Royal Coffee’s booth in the Roaster’s Village. Come by and say hi!
- Friday, April 20, we’re sponsoring Synesso & Anchorhead’s “A Scrumdiddlyumptious Signature Cold Brew Mocktail Event” with 2 Lunar scales and 1 Pearl. Register or attend here
- Saturday, April 20, we’re sponsoring Visions Espresso’s throwdown with one Pearl. Sign up here
For competitors at Brewers Cup and Barista, stop by our booth for any fine-tuning or scale calibration.
US customer support
Because our US team will be in Seattle from April 17 to 24, we ask that you be a little more patient with our service. Questions will be responded to as quickly as possible. Repairs in the Portland office will not be done during this time. US service hours will resume on Wednesday, April 25.